(TV) UNCUT Review/interview

This month's Uncut magazine features the 'new' Marquee Moon as Reissue
of the Month, rightfully extolling its virtues. Their take on Adventure
is fairly dismissive, though. Why does everyone keep missing the point
on Adventure? If you're going to compare it to MM then of course it's
going to fall short. Good to see the band getting the press, though.
As a sidebar there's a short interview by Max Bell with Richard which,
for those who won't read it, I thought I'd put here:

Uncut:
Tune us into the present.

Richard:
I'm finishing off a record with The Blondes, a New York band. I'm doing
a Rocket From The Tombs project with Dave Thomas from Pere Ubu, Cheetah
Chrome from the Dead Boys and Craig Bell from The Saucers. I'm filling
in for the late Peter Laughner from the original line-up. I'm just
starting to produce The Squirrels From Hell here in NYC. Life's nutty.

U:
Television are turned back on again.

R:
Yeah. We've always got our old new thing going on. We have shows in
Japan and the West Coast soon. We play a bunch of new songs. After all,
we've played about 15 dates a year for four years.

U:
Do you fondle the reissues?

R:
I'm delighted to see 'em remastered and with nice packaging. I don't
mind the extra stuff, although there was never much for them to find. We
were very economical.

U:
Both still sound modern.

R:
They were recorded without processed cheese. Listen to old '50s records.
The style may be dated but the recording isn't. The whole thing about
classic rock holding up is the lack of faddish technical elements that
date, like the Phil Collins '80s drum style with gated reverb!

U:
Where do you find the riff?

R:
I'm a classic middle '60s fan of the moment where electric guitars went
centre-stage with Hendrix, Beck, Page, Bloomfield. I followed the
English invasion bands back to the Americans and ended up in the blues.
Buddy Guy is an all-time hero. Tom wouldn't say that.

U:
The Strokes. Discuss.

R:
They're funny lookin', I'll say that for 'em. Everybody says they sound
like Television. I can't hear it. I'm flattered I suppose, but nah, they
don't.