Re: (TV) MM and A- The Old Issues

In message <20031122063814.16910.qmail@web20703.mail.yahoo.com>, Philip
P. Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> writes
>Has anyone heard the new official live album from this tour? Is it any
>good? I thought it would be a big cash-in and couldn't imagine I'd want
>to hear Lee sing this stuff 35 years after recording it, but now these
>reviews are making me think twice...!

The two songs I saw he sang with passion and respect for the material
which was a delight - I hate it when someone sings 'old' songs of theirs
and treats them in a kind-of embarrassed-well-it-was-all-along-time-ago-
and-we-were-much-younger-then offhand way. This may be the first time
his name has been mentioned on the MM list but Tania and I caught Donnie
Osmond on a chat show on the box the other night and he explained that
he used to sing "Puppy Love" in a jokey way until a fan criticised him,
saying, "This might just have been another hit for you but it was part
of my life!" Same thing.