Re: (TV) MM and A- The Old Issues

Has anyone heard the new official live album from this tour? Is
it any good? I thought it would be a big cash-in and couldn't
imagine I'd want to hear Lee sing this stuff 35 years after
recording it, but now these reviews are making me think
twice...!

The official live record is from a date in the UK at the Royal Festival Hall and there is a companion DVD available. I got the DVD, but not the CD, because I wanted the visual aspect just as much. I don't think a live recording of this record could do the original studio version any justice anyway, but the DVD is a nice document of the tour and very enjoyable.

Arthur Lee does a great job on this material 35 years later. I thought he sounded fantastic at the show I saw (especially since this incarnation of Love - essentially Baby LEmonade backing Lee - have logged a lot of road time together).

I'd get the DVD if you weren't able to catch Love live on their current tour.