Re: (TV) OT: Capt. Beefheart/magic band fans

In message <003401c3bb8d$3328a370$0a02a8c0@BoB>, russvr@blarg.net writes
>TMR takes many listenings before it begins to make sense; it's
>definitely what I would call difficult music. Anyone else
>out there into Capt. Beefheart ?

Oh, yes indeed!
There's a great body of work waiting for you there. I'd recommend all of
it (of course) but of the early classic Magic Band stuff check out Lick
My Decals Off Baby (if you can find it, don't think it's on CD but I
could be wrong) and The Spotlight Kid, which is kind of like Howling
Wolf backed by a smart bunch of mutant hippie psycho bluesmen on
tranquillisers. Zoot Horn Rollo is my favourite slide guitarist, bar
none.
For the second Magic Band, Doc At The Radar Station and Ice Cream For
Crow will tingle your taste buds.

Actually, I always thought that Tom and Richard would make a great pair
of Magic Band guitarists (think about it - the same kind of telepathy at
work). Way back when I was 15 I went to a festival somewhere in middle
England and Beefheart and The Magic Band came on right at the end of a
somewhat dope-fuelled night just as the sun was coming up. Magic indeed.