RE: (TV) Wonky trainspotting "See No Evil" observation, heated debate part deaux

In Sweden right now, we have a horrifying court case about the murdering of our minister of foreign affairs, with the killer hearing demanding voices saying "Stab! Stabl! Stab!", and then he stabbed her, in the midst of the day in a shopping mall. I think there's a farfetched connection here, since hallucinations not only could come in visible form, and I do know how devastated I was the first time I heard the alternate take of "Always", without knowing it was a alternate version, and I wasn't prepared for the shock that the climactic guitar solo was deleted. I think we all should give Maurice a thought of sympathy in this his diffcult moment, since there might be more to come - like an accordeon abruptly showing up in "Marquee Moon" and the surprise of Verlaine yodelling in "Foxhole".

From: Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: RE: (TV) Wonky trainspotting "See No Evil" observation, heated debate part deaux
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:16:46 -0500

At 9:25 AM -0600 1/21/04, Larry F. Holt wrote:
are you *sure* it wasn't the REM cover of See No Evil?

It wasn't a cover. Tom's vocals, Billy's hi-hat, Richard's solo. It is the album cut, minus Richard's other parts. That's what was so shocking about it.

man, speaking of bands that invoked the TV comparison-what do y'all think of REM?

Fond of the early work on IRS, up through _Lifes Rich Pageant_. There are some good songs on _Out of Time_ and _Automatic_. (JPJ's string arrangements on that album, however, are awful. They should have got Mick Harvey.)

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/