(TV) Calcified

Not sure which list to send posts to anymore.
Cliff said:
>I know that if it turns out to be another year
>when 80% of the set is made up of the 1992 album plus
>'Marquee Moon', I won't be making any effort to
>time a London trip with a future gig

I couldn't agree more with Cliff. In fact, my biggest
complaint with Television is that they've been playing
almost the exact same set list (except for order) since
the 1992 Tour!

Granted there have been some minor changes like
mixing in a few of those "new" songs e.g., Balloon" or
"Persia" .

And as much as I love the original by The Count Five,
and Television (and Verlaine' 'band's' cover of it,
if I hear them do it one more time as an encore,
I'll scream!

For god sakes bring back, "I Don't Need Your Lovin' Anymore",
"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" , "Wild Ting", or "Hunka, Hunka
Burning Love".  In fact, anyone else got some suggestions for
cover song encores for next 3 nights?

Why don't they do "Aint That Nothin" anymore.  When I asked
Ms Secret X about a year ago why they never do, stuff like
"Days", "The Dream's Dream" , "Guiding Light", and she asked TV
and he said those songs were too delicate to bring off
successfully live.

OK, I say, then how about a 12 minute version of
"Torn Curtain"?  I'd quit my job for that.

And I know this is blasphemy and Philip strongly disagrees,
but since the band is stuck playing the roughly same 15 songs
every time, I wish verlaine would throw in a few songs from his
solo albums. (How about: The Grip of Love" , or "There's a
Reason"?--yup, I know I'm dreaming. And Richard could do
one of his songs as well, but then Tom would pummel him on stage.

My second complaint: Sometimes the band is rusty and sort of
go thru the motions --well at least Tom *seems to*.  Is it because
they can't find the time when they could all get together to rehearse?
Are they only coming to Boston to perform tomorrow night just as
a semi-rehearsal, tune-up for the NYC shows?

Assuming Television will draw from any song on their first 3
studio albums  +  "LJJ" +  O'Mi Amore"[sp?], + 4 their 'new'
songs (but not the 3 from French CD-single) , then there are
27 in their repertoire on any given night.

Then there 840,946,342,400 possible different set lists
(where two set lists with same 15 songs but in different
order are also considered different, i.e., a permutation.

That's roughly 841 billion different set-lists.
Too bad they didn't play that many gigs from
1974 - 2004.   :>)

	Leo (who with work projects slow before trip Thursday
morning to NYC, has way too much free time on his hands)