Re: (TV) Tom Verlaine's great but unavailable songs -- The Miller's Tale 2?

In message <BC9A3BCE.32A0%mikeez@earthlink.net>, mike
<mikeez@earthlink.net> writes
>Musical intensity can be very dynamic. I would call songs such as
>"Rhyme" and "The scientist Writes a Letter" as quite intense. The part
>where Scientist breaks into "the snow is so white..." is pretty wild.

Agreed! Easy to confuse intensity with noise, if people aren't really
listening. The intensity and tension of, say, "Rhyme" when played live
comes not from the noise they make but the things they _don't_ play.
And, of course, from Billy's terrific dynamic sensibility.

And I know that this puts me in the minority, but "Cover" is a great
record. I certainly listen to it more than "Tom Verlaine", which I've
always considered over-rated.