Re: (TV) Debut albums

Keith wrote:
> >But they [The Clash] sounded like a real hype. Real naive. But then what
can you
> >expect from people like that?"
>
> One of Tom's dumber pronouncements, I'd say. They were naive. They
> weren't a hype. "People like that"? What's that supposed to mean then -
> poor English folks who weren't privileged enough to live in wonderful
> New York?

Tom shooting his mouth off -- he had only listened to one Clash song. But,
in comparison to the spirit of the times (Leo would say Zeitgeist), Tom
wasn't particularly provocative, confrontational or outrageous. In fact, I
would say, Television expressed themselves through music -- with passion,
and not just energy -- more than anyone else around then.

--JoeT