Re: (TV) Matter of Taste / Wrong / Can't Dance / Non-Musician-Angle

--- Emilie Hsu <ehsu@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Wow -- I gather that since no-one on this list is as
> bad as me (guitar
> tuning has always been a challenge -- broken many
> high-E strings while
> tuning), all I need is balls -- at least of the
> figurative kinds  :-)
>
> Time to take my guitars out of the closet.
>
> Emilie

i'm almost embarrassed to say that i just picked up a
pawn shop guitar and have been working with it
everyday.  tho' i've always loved music, the playing
of it has seemed like some sort of magic, or, at
least, advanced math.  but of course i know in some
part of my brain that if i practice, i can learn to
play those chords.  it is pretty joyous to bring forth
favorite old songs.

i feel at a disadvantage because of my age (fairly
middle) and gender (not a boy -- and it's true, boys
do rule on guitar).  but it is fun, and i hope to keep
going forward with it.

maybe i'll be the next murray ramone...