Re: (TV) Scotsman review / Indulge / Crenshaw

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:12:31 -0400
"Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> wrote:
> Also: "Masters of guitar wallow in self-indulgence and inspiration"

I always feel privileged when I can witness a self-indulgent wallowing in
inspiration by a talented master or four.

> OTOH, maybe she just likes short songs (ala 1980s' Marshall
> Crenshaw), and dislikes long solos.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

> Here's a question, were the original MC-5 self-indulgent?

Yes.  They played to please no one but themselves.  Not that it
always worked out that way...