(TV) / Indulge /

In message <20040625183630.38c60868.jh@brainiac.com>, Joe Hartley
<jh@brainiac.com> writes
>> Here's a question, were the original MC-5 self-indulgent?
>
>Yes.  They played to please no one but themselves.  Not that it
>always worked out that way...

Absolutely. Surely you _should_ play to please no-one but yourself? I
always did - which is probably one of the reasons I'm not headlining at
Glastonbury this evening. A case in point - I just watched a bit of the
BBC Glastonbury coverage and there was the dreadful Oasis with their
sing-along nursery rhymes. Ironically, this is far more self-indulgent
(in the way the reviewer in question meant it) than Television.