Re: (TV) Tom Verlaine

The early rehearsal videos are kind of funny (link was
recently posted) when Verlaine says to R Hell 'You
know where the E is?'  This knowledge alone may have
made him a virtual Mozart back in the early punk days.
 On a serious note, an old Verlaine interview (circa
Dreamtime I think or Flashlight) has him scoffing at
how a musician using the same studio spent 3 or 4 days
doing a guitar solo whereas he just rattles them off.
I do believe he has a huge understanding of all the
scales and knows how to weave these scales in and out
of typically formatted pop songs giving Television
their unique sound (i.e the opening lead on Friction
is just a scale, which one I cannot remember).

Disclaimer: if Richard Lloyd does the opening lead in
friction it would probably expose me insofact that I
have no idea what I am typing about and am nothing but
a fraud.  If Tom opens that lead, please ignore this
disclaimer.

greg