Re: (TV) (OT) DVD help needed

In message <000001c49306$741e82e0$806e0e04@mine>, Michael Olcsvary <olcsvary@verizon.net> writes
Well, you can download PC Friendly (or whatever it's called now) but the catch is you must have another software DVD player and the DVC codecs installed on your PC in order for them to work. These codecs are controlled by the MPAA and are not, to my knowledge, available for download gratis

Thanks to all who offered advice. I solved it with Zoom Player (free) and the K-Lite Codec Pack which contains lots of useful stuff. Also discovered that Windows Media Player does a pretty good job, believe it or not.