(TV) london calling

great release date -- just picked up the london
calling reissue.  looks to be in keeping with the
clash habit of good value for the price -- the album
remastered, a second full disc of just-recently-found
demos, and a 50-minute dvd, for $25.  nice gatefold
digipack, and a lengthy booklet.  worth it to me just
for all the dreamy pictures of paul.  if only they
were larger...

also out today is another strong album from buddy
miller, arguably one of the best guitarists going.  it
is straight (real) country, so may not be to
everyone's taste.  but he is a fine songwriter and
musician, and a decent and humble guy.  glad to get
that.

oddly or not, each of these features a dylan tune.
the clash take on "the man in me," while buddy covers
"with god on our side" (which he's been doing live
ever since the war).