Live cd of Miller Tale / Fortune / RE: (TV) Days on the Mountain. ..

My understanding was that Verlaine basically gave carte blanch to Clinton Heylin to
pick some live show for the double cd, "The Miller's Tale".  So Verlaine didn't have
anything to do with the Live-part of the cd (although I'm sure he decided which of the
studio tracks were included on the other).  Philip and Cliff McLenehan would know the details.

Verlaine's absence or lack of input shouldn't be too surprising.  Although TV is a musical
perfectionist this trait sometimes seems to extend only to a project that he's engaged in at
that moment.  It wouldn't be too far-fetched to say that he probably never even listened to the
live recording on "The Miller's Tale" before the cds were made.  It's a situation similar to how
he probably never listened to the Collectors' Choice re-issue of the wrong master/mix of his 1st
solo album, before it was "pressed" into cds, even though he wrote the liner notes!  (Although in
his defense CC may never have sent him a test-"pressing".

Regarding the song "Days On The Mountain", I always thought Tom could have made a small
fortune by selling some of his songs for tv commercials (ala Led Zeppelin "Rock and Roll"
for Cadillac).

Imagine a Tide detergent commercial in which a harried mother tells the camera (as her young
family frolics on the side of a verdant hill), that she never has to worry anymore about her
kids' clothes since she switched to Tide---while in the background we hear Tom's music and keyboard
trill.. "Yeah those days on the mountain I remember so well. Our clothes? Our clothes always clean."

	Leo