Re: (TV) Roseland Experiences? +s & -s ?? Overcrowding?

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 01:00:32 -0400
"Leo Casey" <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:
> People on MM List who have been to Roseland before---- what's your opinion
> of the sound, and the venue in general (also---as compared to other clubs in
> NYC or other major cities)?

Never been, but my NYC friends were disappointed to hear that the show
was at Roseland rather than at say the Bowery or Town Hall.

> What about smoking at places like Roseland?  (In Boston/Cambridge Clubs
> smoking ban finally be come law in July.)  How can Roseland get away with
> over-selling/overcrowding given city's fire laws (esp. in wake of The Cannel
> tragedy in R.I.)?

There's a full smoking ban in NYC - no smoking in public venues at all.
And it was The Station, not the Channel, which used to be a Boston club.
As long as PS and TV stay away from the pyrotechnics, we should be safe :-/

> Does all of the above mean I need to get inside at 6:546pm and stake out my
> spot?  :> )

Yes it does!  See you tonight.