Re: (TV) Television show tonight in NYC

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:10:03 -0400
"Dennis D" <dend@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Was anyone able to sneak a tape recorder or mini disc recorder or dat into
> the show?????

After a show like this, I can see why it'd have to be snuck in.

Is it me, or was anybody else disappointed by this set?  It didn't
seem like Tom gave a rat's ass, and that he was missing his cues
all over the place.  Frankly, I think that he did a lot of pointless
noodling, and wasn't really paying attention.  There were a number of
times where I could see the rest of the band looking to Tom, wondering
when he was going to get back into the song.  Richard, especially,
seemed miffed and was trying to make eye contact as if to say "here's
where we're supposed to come back in."  I mean, they've been playing
"Prove It" for close to 30 years now - you'd think Tom would remember
where it all comes back in!

In fact, I'm not sure if something happened before the show, but Richard
walked out with a scowl on his face.  Ever the professional, though,
his playing was excellent, with ripping solos on 1880 and MM.

To my right during the show, some young woman was yelling "Pattiiiii"
after each Television song (during the ever-extended tuning session.
Note to Tom:  Take my $35 and buy a bypass pedal to cut the signal to
the amp while you tune!).  I had wanted to tell her to be quiet, since
these folks were worthy of more respect than that, but sheesh, you
couldn't have proved it by last night's set.

Patti's set was absolutely wonderful, and overall, it was a great
night.