Re: (TV) U-2 (Buy or No?) / Joshua the Place (Parsons)

In message <20041124063134.7755867d.jh@brainiac.com>, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> writes
But then, I think music's been pretty stagnant for the past 20 years. in '75, punk and new wave radically changed rock, and in '80 or so rap was crystallizing, but what have we gotten since then? Sure, there's some great stuff people have done, but there hasn't been a radical tectonic shift in music in almost 25 years now. Oh well...

I'd almost have to agree with you Joe but then my son would bash me around the head with something hard if I failed to mention the shift which Nirvana brought about in the early '90s. I mean, I wouldn't want to hear much of it, but it's there.