Re: (TV) coming out of the closet

Jazus, Keith! You could outdo us Irish for begrudgery.

I suppose people like Eno, Lanois, BB King, Johnny Cash, etc, went way down in your estimation when they worked with or sang songs of U2. And even Captain Beefheart was wheedled out of his hole (closet?) a few years ago to do a telephone interview with Bono.

Since you hate Bono for his "pious posturing, crappy lyrics and humourless antics", you must love the contrasting figure of Tom Verlaine. But hang on, you can't stand him either, can you, you old curmudgeon?

And, pray tell, what good causes has Bono given "a bad name" to?

Had U2 not achieved global superstardom before Live Aid?

Anyway, an interesting discussion...

--JoeT

Keith wrote:
Murray Ramone writes
Nah, U2 - I just dont get it

Same here, and Bonio has always made me feel physically sick with his pious posturing, crappy lyrics and humourless antics. He gives good causes a bad name, because if he speaks up in favour of something, I'm immediately against it.

One of those bands where the rhythm section is more interesting than the "Stars", mostly because they tend to keep their mouths shut.

One of those bands who "used" Live Aid to shoot to global superstardom. Before that they were just a dull pub rock band - afterwards they became an incredibly rich and famous dull pub rock band.

They invented the Blues, you know.