RE: (TV) OT: TRL / SPR/Bergman

Burr wrote:
>I guess I *am* going to have to watch TRL again...

Not a fan of TRL---thought Nick Nolte (one of my favorite actors)
was a parody of an officer as well containing awful performances by
Travolta and Penn.

Even Matlick's cinematography was a big letdown compared to his exquisite
'Days of Heaven' and 'Badlands' (sadly these two lose most of their beauty
unless
seen on a large movie theater screen).

TRL not as good a war movie as 'Full Metal Jacket', 'Paths of Glory' or
'Objective Burma' :>)

To make this On Topic director Sam Fuller (who made several war films) was
one of
Verlaine's favorites.