Re: (TV) A new focus for the TV mailing list

Hi Greg,

Very funny and clever post, man. Really enjoyed it. Brilliant tongue-in-cheek. Hard not to make serious suggestions, but all of the other potential choices already have had their shot at this type of focus and discussion with their own lists. Pere Ubu, Wire, PJ Harvey...although they don't meet all the qualifications. Neither do The Cheesemakers, Maurice or a guy named Greg Grant- unfortunately, or I'd nominate one of them.

I think there's something about Television and all their members that brings us together. I remain hopeful that 2005 is the year of a new Television album.

I thought Scott's suggestion of EDD was right on (though I don't know Rick Rizzo and trust Scott's opinion about him).

Happy New Year to all MMooners!

Yours in snobhood,

Brian

grntg <grntg@yahoo.com> wrote:
It's a new year and I think we need to start fresh.
Tom and co. have really done nothing new (other than 3
or 4 new songs played at limited engagements) and
doubtfully will do nothing new in 2005.

People, it is time for us to move on. we have done
all we can do, talked all we can talk, and typed all
we can type about Verlaine and his merry band of
travelers...