Re: (TV) A new focus for the TV mailing list

> 1. It must be a band to give Keith the opportunity to
> hate the front man / woman and cheer on the oppressed
> band mates

The Jam

> 2.  The band must be anti-eagles in spirit to satisfy
> our moderator

The Jam

> 3. The said band must be actively releasing cd's, lp's
> whatever and tour.

The Jamm ( tribute band )

> 4.  The said band must have longevity attached (i.e.
> not Harvey Danger though they are more active then TV)

The Jam

> 5.  The band must not appeal to the masses so we can
> maintain our exclusivity and unspoken rule of snobbery
> that truly binds us.

Style Council

> 6.  But the band must be popular enough to get
> mentions in the press, especially by top forty dimwits
> who don't get it and cool icons who do

Baby(bloody)shambles

> 7. It must allow Jay to send cryptic e-mail
> attachments where you have to stretch to make the
> connection

Council Collective

> 8. The band needs a Secret X connection.  Face it
> y'all, we miss her and want her back.

We do

> 9.  It can't be a listers band that has been
> shamelessly promoted on this list (i.e Murray, Andy,
> Joss or www.mp3.com.au/gregorygrant )

Er....The Cheesemakers !

> 10. It cannot be REM (Michael Stipe is way more
> annoying than Bono,

And crap now

> I have 3 nominees:
>
> U2, yes they are popular but we speak of them so often
> they are outpacing TV material.

Bono is annoying so it cant be them

> Jandek - He's out of the closet and has released four
> albums this year.  He's in December's Spin and if I
> look hard, I may still have the 1985 copy of Spin he
> was interviewed in and the Jandek mailing list does
> not have that...HA, giving us instant snobbery and
> know-it-allism over them.  Plus it will be fun making
> Maurice decide between them or us.

Never heard of him . Sounds like a Robin Williams film

> Destiny's Child: Keith and I are already feuding on
> this list so it would be a natural progression,
> especially when they break up and we can fight about
> the better solo albums.

Only interested in the pictures

So, what kind of spark plugs did Tom use in his amplifier on the 2nd leg of
the Swedish tour of 1978 ? I always wanted to know that

Andy :o)