Re: (TV) Concert "Intro" = a Didjeridu

 > To confirm my suspicion, I just plopped in the Georgetown U videotape from
> that tour - and sure enough the "intro" is a DIDERIDU recording.
>
> Am I the only one to find this kinda interesting, or am I 12 years late in
> that realization!?

I remember that, and although I knew it was a digiridoo at the time, I
never though much about it... not a very Television-y thing, is it?
Maybe it was just the most consistent blare of white noise available
to cover up for all the tuning...

On a trip out to Joshua Tree, my companions and I found a camping spot
and I was left there to squat and make sure no one else grabbed it
while the rest of the group assembled elsewhere.  It was the dead of
night and I was by myself in the desert with astonishingly clear skies
above me and silence around me.  I saw many shooting stars and almost
as many coyotes while I waited.  And after about forty-five minutes, I
heard, in the distance... a digiridoo.  Of course it was probably some
lame hippie doing bong hits off of the thing and pretending to be all
"tribal" or something (it wasn't being played especially well), but it
was still kind of a cool experience.

-Rex