(TV) Velvets a jam band?

I remember a Lou interview several years back where he was saying they were
East Village heroin motif and there was the West Village acid motif, and
that the two didn't mix.  So I'm not really sure how a 45 minute Sweet
Sister Ray fits into the mix, but it's impossible to say the Velvets didn't
jam.  But then again, the Velvets remain the standard bearer for what a band
should be, so they can pretty much do whatever they want and call it
whatever they want.

Scott, NYC

Does anybody remember the Velvets first reunion show (at Roskilde) where Lou
said, "Good evening.  We're the Velvet Underground.  The only band in the
world that can say that."