Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:25:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Lloyd Cole

I'd like to see more evidence that Verlaine actually WAS dismissive -
as we know, he's not the easiest guy to read, and I can't see how he
wouldn't be flattered by LC's note-for-note cover. Both versions on
the deluxe RATTLESNAKES reissue (live and studio) hew extremely
closely to the original.

By the way, once again, I'll say how fantastic and album this is, and
what a nice job they did with the deluxe reissue (aside from a typo
here and there). Sound quality is improved over the standard US CD,
too. Finally, the bonus track "Beautiful City" is a fully-produced
outtake from the RATTLESNAKE sessions and is as strong as anything
else on the record.

I'll definitely check out EASY PIECES next.