Re: (TV) Somewhat OT: Holdsworth vis-à-vis Verlaine / Starting Belew

Hi Leo,

No, Holdsworth wasn't in Yes or Crim, even briefly, btw. He was in Tempest with Ollie Halsall for a bit.

Re: Belew- which one (or ones) didn't do it for you? My favorite solo works of his are his first two: Lone Rhinocerous and Twang Bar King (both available now as expensive [$22] Japanese imports.

His work with Talking Heads on Remain in Light was great, I thought, but the one I'd go to is the first with King Crimson: Discipline. One of my Top 20 of all time. He has not recorded a lot with Eno (the THeads and David Byrne's The Catherine Wheel excepted), and I don't think it is correct to say his best work has been for others.

Regards,

Brian

"Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> wrote:
I know he was in Tony Williams' Lifetime and Gong [didn't TV mention Gong in
a few interviews?] , but was he also in Yes and King Crimson even if briefly?
Related Q: those who are Adrian Belew fans like Brian Young: I bought one
of his mid-1980s solo records but was disappointed by the song-writing (my guess is he did his bestplaying when in someone else's group
(e.g., Bowie or King Crimson[?], Eno[?]. Which of his recordings are a good place for me to give him another listen?