(TV) Somewhat OT: Holdsworth vis-à-vis Verlaine / Starting Belew

Speaking of recent music that people have been consuming, has anyone heard
any news about a retrospective (1969-200), 2-cd set of guitarist Alan
Holdsworth music.
It was supposed to be out at of Jan.

More important, save me $, is he good?

Several facets of his early musical background are striking similar to
Verlaine marked with stars:
AMG:  "Holdsworth was originally taught music by his father, who was a
*pianist*.
*First a saxophone* player, Holdsworth didn't pick up the guitar *until he
was 17 years* old,
but learned the instrument *quickly*.  After playing in *local outfits* .."
My guess is he and Verlaine sound nothing alike.
I know he was in Tony Williams' Lifetime and Gong [didn't TV mention Gong in
a few interviews?] ,
but was he also in Yes and King Crimson even if briefly?
Related Q: those who are Adrian Belew fans like Brian Young:  I bought one
of his mid-1980s solo records
 but was disappointed by the song-writing (my guess is he did his best
playing when in someone else's group
(e.g., Bowie or King Crimson[?], Eno[?].
Which of his recordings are a good place for me to give him another listen?