Re: (TV) Concert "Intro" = a Didjeridu

> >Why are hippies held in such disdain by this group? I mean Television
> >has more in common with the psychedelic jambands than they do with any
> >Punk or New Wave band.

Well, I said the smartass thing about the hippie in the desert, but
minutes later I was saying nice things about David Crosby, so I'm down
with real, vintage hippies.  I tend to think that youngsters embracing
the hippie aesthetic are kind of sad, though.  Keeping the ethos alive
is fine by me, but the rest of the trappings, I dunno; it tends to
feel like people just thing that if they wanna smoke a lot of pot they
have to dress and act like people who have historically smoked a lot
of pot, or something.

TV may have more in common with some of the real original "hippie"
bands (Airplane, Elevators etc.) but very little with the modern
definition of a "jamband" (Phish etc.)... but maybe that's just me.

-Rex