(TV) Jamming?

In message <68a8ea5e0502040829744a0c6c@mail.gmail.com>, Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> writes
TV may have more in common with some of the real original "hippie" bands (Airplane, Elevators etc.) but very little with the modern definition of a "jamband" (Phish etc.)... but maybe that's just me.

Some quotes:

"J: Are you like jamming?
Tom V.: In the modes. Yeah...in any-note-works, I get kinda bored, but not all the time."

"Some of the albums I like best in the whole world are considered psychedelic albums. A psychedelic album is an album that when you put it on, if you listen to both sides, when it's over, your perceptions have been changed and I think that our record can do that."
Richard Lloyd (1977)

"You can't get so interested in just making sounds. The point of it all is some kind of expression."
Tom Verlaine

"Alternative music doesn't have to be "alternative" [mock wincing facial gesture]. I mean, we COULD be weird and avant-garde if we wanted, but really, at our core is a pop band. "
Billy Ficca

"I'm a classic middle '60s fan of the moment where electric guitars went centre-stage with Hendrix, Beck, Page, Bloomfield. I followed the English invasion bands back to the Americans and ended up in the blues. Buddy Guy is an all-time hero. Tom wouldn't say that."
Richard Lloyd