Re: (TV) Dumb guitar tech question

> > I'll screw around with it at rehearsal Thursday and report
> > back.  One big thing is that you can get it sounding fucking
> > great unaccompanied, but then when you play it in a band
> > setting it just gets swallowed up.
> >  I think that's what I'm fighting against.
>
> Yeah, that's why I mentioned you might want to set the level a bit higher
> than unity.

Yup.  It's a fine line.  Of course one of the tunes starts of with a
solo line on the 12 and it just sounds louder than fuck when
compressed (compared to all the non-compresed and often overdriven
6-string stuff in the rest of the set).  The band kicks in and it just
sinks into the mix like a big jangly stone.

-Rex