Re: (TV) Warm and Cool!? Warm and Cool!!??

Rex wrote:
. . .  One of the biggest pains in the ass of being such a devotee of
such an unproductive yet living musician is that you (or at least I)
end up buying lots of dodgy reissues and ephemera just in the hopes of
encouraging something more to happen...

Yes, there are frustrations in being a dedicated fan (what's new?), but you're wrong to call Tom Verlaine an "unproductive" musician. His productivity has wound down a bit in recent years, but anyone who produced so many masterpieces, on a fairly regular basis over a span of nearly 30 years, doesn't deserve that adjective.

In relation to recording deals, you might call him fussy, intractable, uncompromising, reluctant, incompetent, or whatever, but he certainly stuck to his priority of surviving as a principled artist and not being distracted by business. That was quite a revelation about his non-involvement in The Miller's Tale. I wonder if anyone in Virgin tried to contact him at the time.

At least there was some other good stuff on the Big Bad Love soundtrack!

There was indeed, though I was disappointed with the Tom Waits songs. Did anyone see the film? What did you think of it?

--JoeT