Re: (TV) Warm and Cool!? Warm and Cool!!??

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:09:47 -0000, Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> wrote:

> Yes, there are frustrations in being a dedicated fan (what's new?), but
> you're wrong to call Tom Verlaine an "unproductive" musician. His
> productivity has wound down a bit in recent years, but anyone who produced
> so many masterpieces, on a fairly regular basis over a span of nearly 30
> years, doesn't deserve that adjective.

Well, I didn't mean it that pejoratively.  I guess I meant, I've been
a rabid fan of the man's work for 18 years or so, and in that time
he's offered up only three full albums, only two of which had "songs".
 So for me, it was the joy of quickly amassing his back catalog,
immersing myself in that, and then a whole lot of nothing, for
whatever reason.

That's certainly the reason that Televsion and Verlaine are among a
small handful of artists whose bootlegs and unofficial recordings I
collect.  Because sadly that's all I can do.

-Rex