Re: (TV) Brief Television Meltdown report

On 6/21/05, Jay <piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have not heard any of the "new" songs.  Are we
> talking a record superior to eponymous?
>
> equal to adventure?
>
> help me out here

I'm in the same boat, having not heard Persia and the rest of the
"old" new songs.  Kinda wanted to save the experience... but now that
there are "new" new songs, I was wondering if anyone could, erm, point
the way to any audio evidence of the post-eponymous material?  I don't
necessarily want boots of entire shows; I've got enough live
Television in my library to keep me happy, but I'd love a preview of
the (ohgoddareIsayit?) forthcoming (????) album (?!?!?!?!?!?)

And really... is Tom signed to Thrill Jockey, or is it Television?
Has Television somehow become his Crazy Horse all of the sudden?*

-Rex

*PS I mean, obviously Television is his Buffalo Springfield; Jimmy
Ripp** and Jay Dee and Fred are his Crazy Horse.  But you know.

**PPS there was a piece in the LA Times about a new Jerry Lee Lewis
album assembled by millionaire dude Stephen Bing and his pal
"guitarist Jimmy Rip" who has "recorded or toured with Jagger" etc...
is that the same guy?  Didn't seem like it, but... guitarist Jimmy
Rip?