RE: (TV) OT: Blowup - Yardbirds

. . . not to mention those nutty European mimes.

-----Original Message-----
From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Russ Van
Rooy
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 12:45 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) OT: Blowup - Yardbirds

Last night I caught the 1966 film 'Blowup' on TCM. At one point I head the
ever familiar rifts of "The Train Kept a Rollin'" and then there they were
The Yardbirds in a great performance/ party scene. The Yardbrds including
Jimi Page *and* Jeff Beck. A great scene that showed Beck getting frustrated
with his amp - he starts bashing it with his guitar . He just totally
destroys his guitar then throws the neck out to the audience. Cold
calculated ultra violence ! Meanwhile Page is looking blissful and
disassociated from his guitar partners antics. Relf, on the other hand, is
looking kinda nervous as he sings. If you missed this last night, go and
rent the video. Wow, seeing Televison playing 'Foxhole' and the Yardbirds
performing on 'Blowup' - I'm overextended ! I can't be held responsible for
anything that happens today. - Russ