(TV) but he seems like such a nice guy...

i can't help myself, one more tom tidbit from a patti
fan:

I went to Summer Sundae and watched Patti unaware that
Tom Verlaine was in the band!! Having listened to
Marquee Moon solidly for the last 2 weeks, I was
extremely surprised to hear his name at the end of the
set. To quote a song, I was just standing with shock
on my face. He is a great guitar hero, but what was he
so angry about? - getting mad with a roadie after he
messed up his pedals while lighting a cig, and
stalking off at the end without looking at the crowd.