Re: Crummy / RE: (TV) Ouch

At 12:31 PM -0700 8/26/05, Russ Van Rooy wrote:
I just object to the snide, knowing, arrogant attitudes of certain critics who ,on the one hand, want to display how hip and in the know they are by citing a band like Television - a not mainstream but thoroughly inluential band, and then on the other they have nothing nice or even constructive to say.

This reminds me of the points composer/critic Kyle Gann makes in the last two (of three) paragraphs here:
http://www.artsjournal.com/postclassic/archives20050801.shtml#102164

Of course, he's talking about this negative attitude being carried by certain musicians, but it does seem to apply.

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/