Re: (TV) Maybe OT: Is music less precious?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Allison" <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Maybe OT: Is music less precious?

In message <BAY0-SMTP041DE08FD7ECE4F55B6ED3A5930@phx.gbl>, BlackMonk <BlackMonk@email.msn.com> writes
Saying "they don't care that it's compressed to 10% of its original size" isn't much different from refusing to listen to, for instance, Robert Johnson because of the sound quality.

No, it's not, and if you don't get that then I suggest you get back to your iPod and download some more background noise for your busy life. "In my day", there was a saying - Quality Not Quantity; that gone out of style too, has it?

I suggest you're a pompous fool who couldn't care less about music unless it somehow provides a pretext for you to snobbishly proclaim how refined our tastes are over those of others.

By the way, I'm actually not a "technogeek"

Just a jerk who can't handle anyone disagreeing with your pronouncements without going on the attack, then?

You said something, I disagreed with you. Get over it.

My sincerest sympathies to your over having a father who goes on internet mailing lists and holds him us as an example of what's wrong with the world.