Re: (TV) VU--say it all at once--jay pontrelli is the best. you are welcome...

Yeah, I don't think Neil is an a-hole all the time. I think all of us, or most of us, are a-holes at some times. And I bet Lou is not one all the time. Hey, Laurie Anderson likes him! She's one of my favorite artists, too.

Rex, I was blown away by Hobo Sapiens, too. I didn't think he had an even better album in him, but Black Acetate is more bold and daring and exciting to me than the HS album.

To throw in some Television relevance, I just finished listening to the Ork Loft Rehearsals from 1974. A  2 cd set, the first of mainly finished songs ( couple of which I didn't know, like "I'm gonna find you" and "Horizontal ascension") and the second cd mainly of guitar practice/instrumentals and a god-awful version of a "proto-friction" called "The Set-up". Interesting to hear.

Cheers,

Brian

np. Neutral Milk Hotel- Live @ Cat's Cradle- 5/4/98

Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:
Neil's an odd one. I'm not sure he's an asshole. He's just complicated. It
seems he's treated people shittily from time to time for various reasons,
but he also seems incredibly generous and loyal. Lou... I'd say asshole.
I haven't heard "Black Acetate" but "Hobo Sapiens" was hands-down my
favorite album last year... I still can't believe how vital and just plain
great it is.
-Rex