Re: (TV) This Will probably Just Throw Gasoline On the Fire[?] / Who Plays What When / Tom's vs Richard's Style

> Leo:I don't want to insult anyone, least of all Richard's
> playing.  We're not going to change anyone's opinion on
> who's a better player, who can play what that the other
> guy can't, etc.,  It's all subjective. It's all a matter
> of taste; it's all about what you prefer. (Although I've
> always found that somewhat troubling, in the sense that
> from that it necessarily follows that The Eagles are
> just as good a band as Television.)

I'm at that point where I'll actually say that Eagles *are* just as good a
band as Television.  But the sure as hell aren't any better than Television,
or the Voidoids, or Half Japanese or the Edgar Winter Group or the Troggs
or Winger or Herman's Fucking Hermits.  I just don't have any use for the
Eagles and lots of it for Television.  Obviously most people feel
differently, and there's no shortage of Eagles records (and $200 seats at
reunion concerts) to keep such folks happy.

Also, I think Verlaine's next solo album should be entitled "Hell Freezes
Over", because it would be appropriate and maybe it would sell a few extra
copies to Eagles fans thinking it was a tribute abum or summat.  (Apparently
they have the free income to give it a whirl, at least.  Seriously... $200?
When the solo on "Hotel California" is going to sound the same whether it's
played by Verlaine or Lloyd?  Erm, wait, I mean Glen Frey or... the other
guy, whatsisname, Quine?  Sterling Morrison?)

-Rex