Re: (TV) OT: Grizzly Man and its' soundtrack

Straying further off topic, but anyway... Rex wrote:
Somehow, it left me feeling that the perfect guitar trio would consist of
Thompson, Bill Frisell, and Tom Verlaine.

Make sure you listen to Neil Young's soundtrack to "Dead Man" before you
rule out a quartet.  (I'd recommend that record to the whole pro-"Warm &
Cool" faction, really).

And an honourable mention to Ry Cooder's "Paris Texas" soundtrack, though the album is ridiculously short (unlike, say, the fine soundtrack of Bertolucci's "The Sheltering Sky" [starring Debra Winger whose "Big Bad Love" shows she's a Verlaine fan] with music mostly by Ryuichi Sakamoto, based on the great novel by Paul Bowles, of whom Patti Smith is a fan [me too, and "Let It Come Down" by Bowles is the creepiest, most disturbing novel I've ever read; oh, and Herzog made some of the creepiest, most disturbing films ever]).

Some of you know Frisell's music much better than me but I must mention his gorgeous dobro-playing on David Sylvian's "Dead Bees on a Cake" and "Everything & Nothing" (albums that also feature Sakamoto of course).

--JoeT

P.S. Scott wrote:
My goal? My goal is to find a cure for irony and make a fool out of George
W. Bush!

How about this?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/stevebell/0,7371,1656182,00.html
and this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/stevebell/0,7371,1649561,00.html
No disrespect meant... to camels or turkeys.

Talking of irony, I won't accuse Leo of irony but I might accuse him of crying wolf too often ("Boy Cried Wolf"?) -- I bet some people think Tom Verlaine actually joined U2 on stage at MSG for "Elevation". But don't worry, Leo; you have so much credibility you can afford to lose some of it.