(TV) OT:" Dead Man" / Weird / Credibility Is Shot

> Neil Young's soundtrack to "Dead Man" before you
> rule out a quartet.

The movie itself is weird (good weird).

>(unlike, say, the fine soundtrack of Bertolucci's "The
Sheltering Sky"

Ill have to check that soundtrack out; I like
the movie a lot, esp. its cinematography [but the
movie always depresses the hell, out of me. ]

>[starring Debra Winger whose "Big Bad Love"
>shows she's a Verlaine fan]

Do you have some scoop for us Joe, or are you
basing this on the fact that being a co-producer
she must have been the main reason T.V. was
selected? (You should write her and ask her to
recommend T.V. as composer on others' (with
whom she's friends in Hollywood) films.

>"Let It Come Down" by Bowles is the creepiest,
>most disturbing novel I've ever read; oh, ..]).

>But what about William Burrows?

>Talking of irony, I won't accuse Leo of irony
>but I >might accuse him of crying wolf too often
>("Boy >Cried Wolf"?) -- I bet some people think
>Tom >Verlaine actually joined U2 on stage at
>MSG for "Elevation". But don't worry, Leo;
>you have so >much credibility you can afford
>to lose some of it.

Hey, my credibility on the List has gotten so low,
that for months now, I've liberally been sprinkling
those smiley faces " :>) " all over my posts.

But the trouble with doing that is that when you
write a paragraph in the same e-mail that doesn't
have a freakin' smiley face at the end of it,
people tend to conclude you must be dead serious.