RE: (TV) [Television-group] New Book ? / Palmer Should Take Over the Project!

The fact that it's only 176 pages, and even not
all of them contain prose (the iconic photos
and discographies), and that such a slim
book covers Verlaine, AND Hell, and Television,
means it's possible that the Television/Verlaine
parts (yeah, I know Hell was once in Television)
could be less than 90 pages. Oy Vey!

And as Keith pointed out, the error on location
of there first gig does not bode well. OTOH,
the Cale connection is a good omen.  I'll try to
hope for the best, but prepare myself for the worst.

I wonder if it will be similar to Heylin's book,
in the sense that it won't be based on original
source materials, but instead will use stuff
almost exclusively from past articles and interviews.

I'd be willing to bet my scratched 45 r.p.m. copy
of MM that T.V. did not talk to or have an interview
with Bockris--oops! Tim Mitchell (maybe he touched
base with possibly one or two of the rest of the
band  (but I'm sure Hell will have plenty to say).
I also don't expect anyone who's a close friend of
the band (esp. of Verlaine) would want to jeopardize
their relationship or compromise the band members'
privacy by doing an interview.
But now I'm just speculating :>)

Maybe, Tim Mitchell included Hell in the title
figuring it would sell more copies that way,
or god forbid! that he thought there was no
way possible that he could fill even 176 pages
with words entirely devoted to Television.

Too bad someone like Robert Palmer (wrote an
Elvis book and other bios I think) or John
Piccarella or someone comparable (or Keith!)
hadn't taken it on.

Palmer's version would be four Volumes, each
a little over under 800 pages (not counting
the baby pictures and Gigographies). It would
include---but not be limited to--special
chapters containing: lowdown on Tom's grade
school crushes and High School girlfriends;
the influence of Velvert Turner on Lloyd's
guitar playing; more on Tom's early life in
Wilmington, esp. his suffering in that
semi-boarding school (near Morristown); his
guitar-jams with Billy in Ficca's father's
basement dental office, and Fred's early
adventures in Queens.

If Mitchell hasn't completed his writing
he should definitely steal some stuff from
Keit's web-site.  :>)