Re: (TV) I'm the one with lousy English

Rex asked:
While we're waiting, this might help:  can anyone recall a *solo Tom show*
at which a Television song was performed, and Tom, as opposed to Ripp,
played any part (either definition) originally played by Richard?

I would guess that the Tom Verlaine band played Marquee Moon at all their shows, and that Tom usually (always?) played the first solo -- Richard's part -- as well as the long solo, of course. Ditto the lead part before "Life in the hive...". Anyone disagree?

On MM on The Miller's Tale live set, it's very clear what Tom is playing.

I'm intrigued to hear that, according to Leo,
"During all of Tom's electric tours 1981- 1987 he would
let Ripp play great majority of the solos on songs when
he could easily have done more of them."
(How I envy Leo seeing so many of those shows...)

I wonder is it possible that Jimmy Ripp played any of the solos on the Flash Light album? I doubt it, but... just one more thing you'd like to ask Tom.

By the way, the second half of that Miller's Tale 1982 live set -- from "Penetration" on -- is just FANTASTIC. Even though the Verlaine-Ripp partnership was very new. My only quibble would be that Tom's voice sounded thin and strained (notable because it sounded much better in 1978 and in 1987).

--JoeT