Re: Shibboleth / Wrong Notes / Tom Chewing Glass / (TV) tom on, uh, television

On 12/8/05, Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Shameful admission: all through my teens I wouldn't listen to any "rock"
> record that had keyboards on it because I thought they had no place in
> rock music (I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now). What a
> snob I was although, mind you, it did mean that I never had to suffer
> through an Emerson lake and Palmer record.

I had a very brief but similar anti-sequencer phase.  Embarrassing, but sort
of helpful in the end: by the time I got around to investigating the
synthier nu-wave stuff, history had separated the wheat from the chaff to
some extent and it was easy to see that Thomas Dolby and New Order were
worth checking out, while missing out on OMD had been no crime.  And I never
could cotton to Depeche Mode either way.

-Rex