Shibboleth / Wrong Notes / Tom Chewing Glass / (TV) tom on, uh, television

Maurice,

>(Points to anyone who recognizes that shibboleth.)

I'm probably all wet, but is your question above
referring to when during a studio session, Miles
Davis screamed at Thelonious Monk for playing the
wrong (and too many) notes?

	Leo

PS:  Not sure if this really happened, but in the
film "Amadeus", there's a funny (but sad) scene.
Mozart's financial state causes him to be
totally under the thumb (and subject to the whims)
of the king--who occasionally doles out little
composing jobs to him.

Mozart finishes composing one of these, and
the court musicians and Mozart preview it
for the king---and the movie audience gets
to hear this gorgeous piece of music.
Afterwards, as he's privately meeting with
Mozart and reading the musical score, he turns
to Mozart and says, "I like what you have
done with this piece, but just one thing,
could you take some notes out---there's
too many."  And then the camera cuts to
close-up of Mozart's horrified face.

I wonder if in the past, T.V. ever had to
endure similar circumstances?  Or if given
his very nature (strong willed perfectionist,
non-conformist, etc.,) he'd prefer to chew
glass or wash floors rather than capitulate?
[Obviously, both he and Richard's present
musical reputation and musical 'resumes'
make any variant of the Mozart-King scenario
something that would never occur now.]