Re: (TV) Television for the masses / Johnny Cash

Ha! Thanks, Rex, for saving me having to write the eventual review.
Actually, this sounds depressingly like some of the scenes in "Walk the
Line," with a fairly decent Jerry Lee Lewis and a completely bogus Elvis
Presley cluttering up the background. There's even a Buddy Holly-lookalike
at one point -- say what? Surprised they didn't feel the need to throw
Xzibit and the RZA in as Little Richard and Chuck Berry respectively.

Ty

> (Nobody will ever make "Marquee Moon: The Motion Picture", but I bet we
will
> see either a fictionalized Patti Smith or Ramones movie, or a "24 Hour
Party
> People"-type film about the CBGB scene.  I would bet the latter would
barely
> focus on Television but would include a scene where, like, David Byrne and
> Chris Frantz are trying to convince Debbie Harry to join their band, and
in
> the background you'd see and hear some new-school post-punk band like,
say,
> Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, pretending to be Television, just like Yo La
Tengo