Re: (TV) I'm the one with lousy English

> "During all of Tom's electric tours 1981- 1987 he would
> let Ripp play great majority of the solos on songs when
> he could easily have done more of them."
>
> Mike Ehritz
> <mikeez@earthlink.net> writes
> >Is this true? I don't believe it.
>
> Nor do I, I didn't see and haven't heard any evidence of it.

My second question was, is this less known because fewer boots of the
Ripp-heavy shows have circulated (maybe because they weren't as good or
essential and have therefore languished in obscurity)?

> I would guess that the Tom Verlaine band played Marquee Moon at all their
> shows, and that Tom usually (always?) played the first solo -- Richard's
> part -- as well as the long solo, of course.

For sure.  Most of the solo shows I've heard (quite a few, albeit sometimes
just in unidentified fragments) don't feature all that much Television
material (unless you count MM, which is only one song but certainly "a lot
of Television material).

-Rex