Re: (TV) Bob's Chronicles

On 12/8/05, Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> >Perfect description.  And there's the part where he describes inventing
> >a new, universal way of playing guitar in the '80's, and I must say
> >that "as a guitarist" (and a guitarist with a folk background, even) I
> >didn't have the slightest idea what the FUCK he was talking about.
>
> Nor did I. The thing is, it's so well done that you almost want to
> believe it.

It almost sounded kind of like he invented a new "roll pattern" (banjo
term?) or something.  What was odd was that he was talking about a period
when he didn't play much guitar on record... it would've made more sense in
the mid '90's when he started playing more lead guitar.

It's essential and entertaining reading, though, but too short... where's
Volume 2?

-Rex