Re: (TV) bummer / evil spirits by any other name would smell as stinky

On 12/9/05, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:

> One of the things that made me laugh about Sony's latest DRM debacle is
> that
> it's yet another scheme that can be thwarted simply by holding down the
> shift
> key when putting the disk in, or by disabling auto-run.  Simply amazin'.

Yeah, but why should we have to?  I mean, it's no big deal to do a little
dance or throw salt over your shoulder to ward off evil spirits, but it
would be nicer overall for the evil spirits to just not be so damned evil to
begin with.  Especially when most decent law-abiding folk don't know they
need to have their salt shakers handy when they put a CD in their drive,
y'know.

-Rex