Winter / Refreshing / Walldorf / Guitar Player Mag. / RE: (TV) Re : New Book

I'm stuck at my place of work and may have to spend the night
here as a real bad snowstorm has caused gridlock and impossible
conditions. The worst part is I have no music here.

So, to pass the time I'm gong to be sending one long post everty
5 minutes.  :>)

Stephen wrote:
>Remember, this is the discussion group that found multiple
>faults to grumble about with the seemingly-impeccable, long
>awaited Rhino reissues of Marquee Moon and Adventure.

Refresh my memory Stephen or anyone, I loved the reissues .
I don't recall complaints except that there wasn't much extra
'bonus/new material ---but that was only because very little
unreleased stuff existed---- except for Adventure
and an outtake of Glory and See No Evil'.

I even like that 7 minute secret instrumental rehearsal track with
trance-like riffs (It reminds me of a little bit The Velvet
Underground's 9 min. live version of "Were Gonna Have A Real
Good Time Tonight on their 1969, double lp/cd on Polydor.

There were complaints about the Collector's choice screw up on T.V.
1st solo, but even that had a happy ending  as it resulted in an
instant rare edition.

I don't think there are many who are not fans of "Live At The Old
Waldorf,S.F" , except for Keith and me?  I don't like the way the
guitars/amps sounded.

By the way I've looked everywhere for the Guitar Player Mag with
the Interview,  but 5 stores that I tried had every guitar magazine
in the world including Heavy Metal dreck mags and 'Teeny-bopper'
guitar magazines (Borders, Barnes and Noble, two magazine/tobacco
stands, and a gigantic Supermarket.  Any suggestions were to try next?
The places all had the great UK Mojo magazine, so I'm kind of surprised.

  Everyone loves you now - wait til the book comes out though...

  From: "Tim Mitchell" <fireman9@btopenworld.com>

Hello again Howard and hello to Leo, Rex and Russ - thanks for the good
wishes.